Hockey XLR8 Smart
Water-based pitches are still the most popular surface among hockey players but qw realize that not all clubs can afford nylon or a highly-engineered water-based pitch.
That’s why we came up with our AstroTurf Hockey XLR8 Smart System. This offers outstanding value for money for anyone wanting to play on a pitch without a sand infill. The system is FIH Global Approved and designed with a yarn that is playable with or without watering. The evenness and the non-directional yarn structure make this pitch perfectly suited to the modern 3D hockey game.
- Easy to get your feet under the ball
- Polyethylene (PE) yarn offers better play without watering (less abrasive)
- Strong and resistant to cope with the wear and tear of the game
- 957,600 filaments per m 2
- PreciTex for better yarn distribution and predictable ball roll
- ClimaCool Yarn Technology for heat reflection
- Player protection: shock absorption for comfortable play and fewer injuries
For the athletes
Even though players prefer nylon or engineered water-based systems, not every hockey club can afford these. The AstroTurf Hockey XLR8 Smart System is the ideal solution for such clubs. It’s fast, even and non-filled, which makes the system more playable than sand-dressed pitches. It’s a system that players will love to play on. It’s the ideal step for every club wanting to move from a traditional filled systems to a water-based solution.